Follow 3 simple steps to port any mobile number to any network provider-
1) Send SMS, 1900 to “PORT <10-digit mobile number>” from your current number which needs to be ported
2) You will get an SMS from “xx-1901” will contain the UPC code and its expiry date
3) Visit nearest operator stores or retailer with the UPC (Unique porting code) code Use Aadhaar Card number to complete eKYC
Basic information you know before the Port to Jio
- The current SIM must be active at least 90 days
- UPC code will be valid only for 15 days
- You shouldn’t delete the SMS from xx-1901
- MNP process needs at least one week
- After porting to the number you wait at least 3 months to next port request
- Sending SMS to TRAI you will be charged RS. 1 so ensure you have at least Re. 1 on your account
Basic questions related to how to port SIM
How to check Mobile Number Portability status? How to check Jio MNP status? How to check Idea MNP status? How to check Vodafone MNP status? How to check Airtel MNP status? How to check BSNL MNP status?
Visit the MNPI NDIA website and fill the form
- Enter Mobile Number
- UPC Code
- Solve numeric code
Which necessary Document required for the Mobile Number Portability (MNP)?
- Passport size photograph
- Identity proof: Driving Licence, Passport, Adhar Card, Voter ID, or Pan Card
- Address proof: Rent agreement, Landline Bill, Electricity Bill, or a three-month bank statement
- post-paid customer: Copy of your last bill
Porting time limit?
Next porting time limit?
How to port sim online?
It is not possible yet, because of need document verification.
Can a post-paid number be port to another network operator with prepaid services or vice-versa?
Difference between Mobile number portability (MNP) and Port?
Both are same just