How to Port any Mobile Number to Jio ?
Follow 3 simple steps to port any mobile number to Jio–
1) Send SMS, 1900 to “PORT <10-digit mobile number>” from your current number which needs to be ported to Jio
2) You will get an SMS from “xx-1901” will contain the UPC code and its expiry date
3) Download MyJio app from Play Store or App Store. Open Myjio app and search nearest Jio stores. Visit nearest Jio stores or Reliance Digital / Dx Mini or Jio retailer with the UPC (Unique porting code) code Use Aadhaar Card number to complete eKYC
Basic information you know before the Port to Jio-
- The current SIM must be active at least 90 days
- You have a 4G smartphone
- UPC code will be valid only for 15 days
- You shouldn’t delete the SMS from xx-1901
- MNP process needs at least one week
- After porting to Jio you wait at least 3 months to next port request
- Sending SMS to TRAI you will be charged RS. 1 so ensure you have at least Re. 1 on your account
TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) allow your port number to any network provider you want. You can migrate from one network provider to another without changing your current number.
Basic questions related to how to port SIM
How to check Mobile Number Portability status? How to check Jio MNP status? How to check Idea MNP status? How to check Vodafone MNP status? How to check Airtel MNP status? How to check BSNL MNP status?
Visit the MNPI NDIA website and fill the form
- Enter Mobile Number
- UPC Code
- Solve numeric code
- Porting time limit?
- Next porting time limit?
- How to port sim online?
It is not possible yet, because of need document verification.
- Can a post-paid number be port to another network operator with prepaid services or vice-versa?
- Difference between Mobile number portability (MNP) and Port?
Both are same just